General and Medical were established in the 1980s initially providing finance, leasing and general insurance services primarily to the medical professions within the UK.
Today, the General and Medical Group has evolved to become a significant provider of insured and non-insured private healthcare schemes to businesses, families, individuals and affinity groups both in the UK and overseas. The covers and services are sold direct and through a select panel of registered brokers and intermediaries. Although the Group has grown it has maintained its independence and is customer focussed ensuring clients receive the personal friendly service that many larger organisations no longer deliver.
Group companies include:
- General and Medical Securities Ltd is the parent company of the group.
- General and Medical Insurance Ltd based in Guernsey, is the underwriting centre for the insured Healthcare Schemes sold by the Group.
- General and Medical Finance Ltd based in the UK, is the sales, marketing and administration centre for the Group.
- G&M Insurance Services Inc based in Texas, is the US arm of the Group offering specialist insurance solutions through the Lloyd's syndicate.
- ProAmica Ltd based in the UK provides Trust establishment and admin services for non-insured Healthcare Schemes and offers Third Party Administration (TPA) services both in the UK and overseas.
Trading names of General and Medical Finance Ltd include:
General and Medical has strong associations with Lloyds of London, is a coverholder for certain syndicates at Lloyds and is a member of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) and the Managing General Agents Association (MGAA).