Corporate Social Responsibility is about how a company manages its business processes to produce an overall positive impact on society.
It is the continuing commitment by a business to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life of the workforce and their families as well as of the local community and society at large.
General and Medical achieve this by:
- To maintain our compliance with ISO9001 to ensure that the services we provide meet with the quality standards specified by ISO9001.
- To manage our processes, procedures and product development.
- Treating our clients fairly.
- To continue to ensure that our procedures and communications with clients are transparent and clear.
- Identify risk/hazards and implement control measures in the following areas:
- Work-related stress.
- Formal display screen evaluation assessments.
- Ensure that all new entrants receive induction training, which covers the Health and Safety procedures at General and Medical.
- To increase the provision of recycling facilities by:
- Continuing to recycle printer cartridges.
- Recycling paper waste.
- To reduce energy consumption year on year.
- To reduce our consumption of copier paper year on year.
- To work with employees and other companies to develop and implement activities that will benefit communities.