Treating Customers Fairly
General and Medical Finance Ltd is committed to ensuring that the fair treatment of its customers is, and remains, at the heart of the firm. We believe that customers are the most important aspect of our business and we endeavour to provide, a high quality service that is consistent with what the customer wants and expects.
Our policy of treating customers fairly is firmly embedded within our business, from Director level to front line staff and our commitment to it extends throughout the whole lifecycle of our products:
- Product design and governance
- Identifying the target market
- Marketing and promotion
- Sales and advice process
- Remuneration of sales force and advisers
- After-sales information and service
- Complaints handling
General and Medical Finance Ltd (General and Medical) aims to achieve and monitor the following:
- Everyone is confident in the knowledge that when they are dealing with General and Medical, the fair treatment of customers is central to our corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and sold by General and Medical are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Customers are provided with information that is clear, fair and not misleading and will be kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Customers will be provided with products that perform as General and Medical has led them to expect and the associated service will be of an acceptable standard and as General and Medical has led customers to expect.
- Customers will not face unreasonable post-sale barriers to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
- General and Medical staff remain at all times trained and competent to do their roles.
To ensure that the needs of our customers are met General and Medical has the following policies and procedures in place.
- A quote process that ensures advisors obtain the necessary client information to enable them to provide suitable quotes.
- An inducement policy which ensures that General and Medical staff do not receive or give inducements if they are likely to conflict with their duty to General and Medical customers.
- A Data Protection policy that ensures personal and sensitive information held on behalf of our customers is maintained in a secure and confidential environment.
General and Medical has a dedicated Compliance Officer who is responsible for carrying out tests on a regular basis to ensure that our customers needs are being met at all times and that conflicts of interest are appropriately managed.
General and Medical Finance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
General and Medical Insurance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission (GFSC).
Issues relating to administration and sales provided by General and Medical Finance Ltd and benefits covered by Underwriters at Lloyds of London, benefit from the Financial Ombudsman Service (F.O.S.). The F.O.S. is an agency for arbitrating on unresolved complaints between regulated firms and their clients. Full details of the F.O.S. can be found on its website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk