Ways to Enhance your Corporate Health Insurance Scheme
You can enhance your Corporate Health Insurance scheme by, for example, choosing Business Elite instead of Module 2 or Freedom Hospitals instead of First Choice Hospitals. You should select the level of cover and hospital choice that best suits your needs and budget, but you can also choose to add any of the following options to enhance the benefits available from your healthcare scheme.
Pre-existing Conditions Cover
When you apply for cover, you have the option to cover members for treatment relating to up to two pre-existing conditions.
You can choose from the following list of defined conditions:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Crohn's Disease
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Varicose Veins
For an additional premium, you can extend members' cover for up to two of the pre-defined conditions. The cover is subject to an annual limit of £1,000 which rolls up year on year to a maximum of £10,000 after 10 years, provided cover has been continuous and there have been no claims relating to the pre-existing condition.
This option has helped some people to consider Corporate Health Insurance for the first time and has caused others with cover elsewhere, to think about switching to General & Medical.
In-patient Psychiatric Treatment
This option gives members cover for both in-patient and day-patient treatment if they are diagnosed with a psychiatric condition. The maximum limit is 35 days or £20,000 per membership year. Full terms and conditions are given in 'the Guide to your Health Scheme'.
Enhanced Benefit Option
This is available to schemes with more than 100 adults on cover. This option is useful where you feel the standard limits on our schemes should be extended or relaxed to better suit your requirements.
Benefits associated with this option are:
- 50% increase in limit on Therapies benefit where applicable to the cover chosen.
- We will allow charges from Consultants and Anaesthetists to exceed our published limits for treatment costs from Consultants and Anaesthetists by up to 20%, where necessary.
- We will extend our standard 90 day limit for receipt of invoices after treatment to 120 days.
- We will allow self referral to a consultant for a consultation without the need to see a GP first.
Worldwide Travel Insurance
Adding our Worldwide Travel Insurance gives members and their families the peace of mind of medical benefits and repatriation from any country worldwide, wherever they may be. Cover is provided for an unlimited number of trips within any 12 month period.
Other benefits included are:
- Cover for winter sports.
- Generous cover for personal possessions.
- Cover for cancellation or curtailment of trips.
- Cover for up to 120 days maximum per trip.
- Personal Liability and Personal Accident cover.
For a small additional premium, you can also upgrade your cover to include scuba diving.
Claim 24-7 – for groups of 100 or more members
There may be times when a claim needs to be authorised for a diagnosis to be undertaken almost immediately. As a standard offering for groups of 100 or more members, Claims 24-7 gives you the ability to pre-authorise one claim. You must then complete and follow the normal claims process. We will confirm the claim has been fully authorised by our underwriters and we will ‘‘reset the clock’’ enabling you to pre-authorise another claim.
Please however read and understand your policy documents, so you do not inadvertently authorise an ineligible claim. If the claim is found to be ineligible by our underwriters you have two options:
- We will pay the ineligible claim on an ex-gratia basis up to the pre determined limit of £500, however the ability to pre-authorise a claim will be withdrawn and the normal claims procedure will resume.
- You pay for the ineligible claim and the process of pre-authorisation will resume.
For full details, please download our Business Healthcare Brochure.