Secure Login Help
If after reading the following you still need help with your secure login, please contact us. We will be happy to help.
Once you have taken out a policy with General and Medical, your member account will be automatically created and an ID will be sent to you along with details of how to set up your account password.
Accurate information is important in case you ever forget your ID or password. We will need to confirm your identity using for example, your postal code that you provided when you took out our insurance.
Once we've confirmed your identity, we'll send your ID to the email address listed on your account.
You can reset your password by clicking on the Forgot Password link. You will be asked for the email address or mobile phone number registered on your account.
We will then send you a password reset code. If you have changed your email address and/or mobile phone number details or they are incorrect, we would ask you to call us on 0800 970 9442 to speak to your Client Relations Co-ordinator to assist you further.
Similarly, if you have forgotten your reference/registration, please contact us on the above number.
There are several reasons you may be getting the “Invalid Password” error message:
- Set your CAPS LOCK key correctly. Passwords are case sensitive, (meaning that “PASSWORD”, “PaSsWoRd”, and “password” are not equivalent), so be sure to keep this in mind when entering your password.
- Wait up to 24 hours. If you recently took out one of our insurance policies, this will allow your account to update.
If you're still having problems, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
If you would like to change your password, just log in to members area with your current password. Then:
- Click on the “Change Password” link.
- Enter your current password in the first box.
- Enter your new password (as you would like it to be) in the second box.
- Confirm your new password in the third box.
- Click the “submit” button.
Please Note: To better protect your account, make sure that your password is memorable for you but difficult for others to guess. For security purposes, your new password should be at least eight characters long, contain mixed case alphabetical and numerical characters (remember that your password is case sensitive) and special characters such as +, ?, and *.
Your General and Medical account is active all the time that you hold an insurance policy with us. If you cancel your insurance policy or your policy expires then your General and Medical account will automatically be deactivated and after a certain period deleted from our servers.
To further safeguard the privacy and security of your General and Medical account, please refer to the following guidelines:
- Choose your password wisely. Choose a password that you will remember but that cannot be easily guessed, even by those who know you. Passwords are case sensitive and can include numbers and special characters in any combination. You can use these combinations to make your password more difficult for others to guess (example: bullfrogs becomes Bu!!frog$). Do not share your password with anyone.
- Change your password when necessary. If at any time you become concerned about the security of your password, you can always change it online. For more information on how to change your password, please read 'How do I change my password?' above.
Please Note: Your General and Medical ID and password are your own confidential information. No General and Medical employee will ever ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email message. Do not share your password if you are ever asked for it.