How much you can save from quitting smoking
The NHS have put together a Stopping Smoking calculate my savings quiz where you can work out just how much smoking is costing you, not just your life.
For example, say you spend around £9 on a 20 pack of cigarettes each day, and smoke all of them, you will be paying out £270 per month and around £16,425 every five years. Not to mention the 140 grams of tar that’s piling up in your lungs. If you were to put that £9 in a jar each time you craved the nicotine stick, you’d be rich.
What you could spend £16,425 on instead of cigarettes:
We know how quickly five years can whizz by, so let’s have a look at what you’ve saved up in your jar after quitting.
- You could buy one brand new car
- Bag yourself 16 new Apple iPhone X gadgets
- 136 bottles of Dom Perignon could be yours
- You could travel half the way around the world, maybe even the whole way on a strict budget
- Treat your body with the best transformative spa break in the world in Rajasthan
- You could go on sixteen holidays, that’s four a year for four whole years
- Own 15 of the world’s best drones and start your own drone company
- You could stay in a deluxe room at The Ritz in London for a whole month
- You could go to one of the top restaurants in the UK every month of the year and still have some cash left over at the end
- You could get a VIP box at your favourite sports club
- An exciting racehorse could become part of your family
- You could put the money towards a deposit on a house
- You could secure your children’s future setting up a trust fund
- Why not just make more money with that lump sum and invest it
- You could buy your own skis, boots, helmet, poles, and lessons and still have enough to splash out on a holiday at the end of it
- That’s enough money to pay off some of your student loan in one go
- You could redecorate your home or even pay for that extension you’ve been dreaming about
- You could buy sixteen puppies
- Always dreamt of getting your motorcycle license? You can do that AND buy a superbike afterwards
- You could have a really good time in Selfridges
That money you’re spending on cigarettes every day is killing you, quit now and start living your life to the full before it’s too late.
For help and guidance on quitting smoking and keeping yourself in good health make sure you take advantage of our free 24/7 Health & Wellbeing support service by taking out a private health insurance policy with us today.
For more information, download our Personal Health Insurance Brochure by clicking here or call us on 0800 980 4601.
This content is subject to our Disclaimer.