Date, Oat & Orange cookies
A basic low-sugar cookie recipe.
|Makes: 12-14 cookies|
|Prep Time: 15 mins|
|Cooks In: 12-15 mins|
- 250g butter, softened
- 300g plain flour
- 50g rolled oats
- 1 large orange, zest grated and juice squeezed
- 75g dried dates, chopped and soaked in the juice of the orange to soften
- 50ml runny honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 170c, gas mark 3.
- Cream the butter with the honey until smooth.
- Add the date and orange juice mixture to combine.
- Sift in the flour.
- Once combined, add the cinnamon, orange zest and oats.
- If the mixture is still a little too wet and sticky, add a small quantity of extra oats.
- Split the mixture into roughly 12 balls of equal size and flatten with a fork. Position the cookies a good distance apart – spreading room – on a baking sheets lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the centre of the cookies are light brown but before the edges begin to burn.
This content is subject to our Disclaimer.