Make this year your year for health and get 15% off ALL of our healthcare policies - Get a quote
Mental Health Awareness - Look after yours
Your mental health is just as important as your physical health.
If you are considering private healthcare, then get in touch with us today to see what insurance policies we can offer you or click the link below to get your free quote. Did you know that when you take a Personal Health Insurance policy with us you get access to our free 24/7 Health and Wellbeing services?
Mental health problems affect approximately one in four people in the UK and they can often affect the way you feel, think and your behaviour. There are many different types of mental health problems and they can range from depression and anxiety to bipolar disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). The causes of mental health issues can differ from person to person as everyone is affected by things in their own unique way.
If you feel that you are suffering from mental health problems, then you don’t have to suffer in silence. Make an appointment with your GP and discuss your concerns, they will help you with a diagnosis and look at what treatment will be most effective for you or refer you to a specialist mental health service. There are numerous organisations that offer a wide range of support, which include Mind, Samaritans, Mental Health Foundation and Young Minds.
Five ways to boost your overall mood
We are aware that mental health problems don’t just revolve around your mood, but feeling genuinely happier can really make a positive impact on your lifestyle.
- Manage your stress levels. Reducing the amount of stress in your life can make positive changes and allow you to take control of your time and manage it effectively.
- Enjoy yourself. Take part in simple activities that you enjoy, whether that is meeting up with friends or just having a long hot soak in the bath. Doing something that you are good at can also give you a sense of achievement, which will improve your happiness levels.
- Increase your self-esteem. Remain positive and boost your confidence rather than dwelling on any negative thoughts. Think about one thing that you are grateful for each day and remember your self-worth and importance.
- Lead a healthier lifestyle. Start by making healthy choices and eating a well-balanced diet. Improving your diet can boost your self-esteem and confidence as you start to physically feel better and emotionally, it can also help your brain work more efficiently.
- Get enough sleep. Aim to get seven to eight hours of sleep each night. Sleep is vital and is important for your body to function efficiently. Sometimes our minds can keep us up all night, so try writing a ‘to do’ list before you head to bed, that way you can clear any thoughts and distractions.
Private Health Insurance
The important thing to remember is that you really aren’t alone. Speak to someone about how you’re feeling. All of our policies give you free 24/7 access to our Health and Wellbeing Services. Click the link below to get your free, no obligation quote.
This content is subject to our Disclaimer.