Whilst our Customer Service Team are extra busy right now, it might be easier to find what you need here online. Existing customers can use their own secure portal to view information relating to ongoing claims. Thank you
Protect yourself from the sun!
The weather has recently been improving and with summer just around the corner, we should really be thinking about how best we can protect ourselves from the sun’s harmful rays.
Whether you are in a tropical destination or sat relaxing in your back garden, the risks of getting sunburn are still high and therefore your risk of skin cancer is increased.
- Use factor 15 sunscreen or more with at least a four-star UVA protection label
- Spend time in the shade especially between 11am and 3pm, when the sun is at its strongest
- Cover up, use your clothing to protect your skin
- Wear sunglasses and a hat to protect your eyes and eyelids
- Apply a generous amount of sunscreen and if you plan to be out in the sun for a long period of time then ensure that you apply sunscreen twice, that being 30 minutes before going out and then again just before you leave
- Reapply sunscreen throughout the day, especially if you have been in contact with water as this will have washed off
Protecting yourself from the sun is important but the sun also provides us with essential vitamin D which helps the body absorb calcium and phosphate from our diet and is vital for healthy bones, teeth and muscles. If you feel that you are burning or starting to turn red then seek shade and cover up.
Take extra care with children and babies as their skin is much more sensitive when it is exposed to sunlight. Check children regularly for any red skin, keep them well shaded and reapply sunscreen throughout the day.
If you have lighter skin, freckles, red or fair hair then you are more prone to burning as your skin has less protection, so protect yourself in all ways possible. Likewise, if you have any skin problems relating to any medical condition or many moles then avoid getting sunburnt and check for any changes to your skin, reporting these to your doctor as soon as possible.
Private Health Insurance Did you know that when you take out a Private Health Insurance policy with us we include free 24/7 Health and Wellbeing support, offering a range of great services? So, you have access to support whenever you may need it. Click the link for your free quote.
Private Health Insurance
Did you know that when you take out a Private Health Insurance policy with us we include free 24/7 Health and Wellbeing support, offering a range of great services? So, you have access to support whenever you may need it. Click the link for your free quote.
This content is subject to our Disclaimer.