Make this year your year for health and get 15% off ALL of our healthcare policies - Get a quote
Healthy Christmas Snacks: Banana Penguins
Christmas treats are always very tempting and we’re bound to over-indulge around this time of year, but it’s also important to eat well in between! We’ve got a simple, healthy snack you and your children will love to make and eat!
Baking with kids can help create a bond and ultimately, provides you with quality family time. It’s important to relax and unwind at Christmas, baking allows busy families to catch up on what’s going on in their lives. These frozen banana penguins are quick and easy to make, providing fun for the whole family!
- 3 bananas
- 150g dark chocolate chips
- Orange M&Ms
- Candy eyes
- Peel your bananas and cut each one in half then put into the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once your bananas are frozen, remove from the freezer and dunk the top half of each banana into the chocolate and roll so that the back is coated.
- Dunk the bottom halves into the chocolate to create feet.
- Stick on the candy eyes and M&Ms, one as a beak and the other for their feet.
Private Health Insurance
Private Health Insurance can give you control and peace of mind when it comes to looking after the health of your family. When you take a health insurance policy out with us, if you pay for one child, the rest go free thanks to our Kids Go Free Benefit!
This content is subject to our Disclaimer.