Autumn is now here and we can finally celebrate Halloween, even if it's slightly early! We're giving you 10% off all of our healthcare policies. Get your free quote today! Terms apply.
National Work-Life Week
Maintaining a work-life balance is very important, not just for your physical and mental health but for productivity as well, both personally and professionally.
What is a work-life balance?
A work-life balance is when you are able to manage your time both inside and outside of work and not let one overtake the other. Your professional life and personal life are both important and neither should be neglected, so it’s all about finding the perfect balance between the two.
Why do you need a work-life balance?
The absence of work-life balance can take its toll on anyone and can affect you physically, emotionally and financially. Lacking work-life balance can also have an effect on your relationships and work performance.
What are the benefits of having a work-life balance?
- Increased productivity
- A happier and less stressed overall mood
- Work becomes more enjoyable
- You’ll be more relaxed out of office hours and have more ‘you time’
- Personal and professional relationships will improve
How do you create a healthy work-life balance?
In order to create a good work-life balance, you will need to think about the demands of your professional and personal life. Once you have done this you’ll be able to manage your time a lot better and prioritise your life. You can do this by:
- Creating realistic boundaries between work and personal tasks/events.
- Prioritising where your time is spent and what tasks need your full attention.
- Learning to say no as this will help when creating boundaries, especially with work. You can’t expect yourself to do every task thrown your way, it’s ok to say no.
- Setting time aside for yourself, whether its little breaks throughout the day or taking some time away from work to recharge.
24/7 Health & Wellbeing Services
Your health is the most important thing to us here at General & Medical, which is why we offer access to our 24/7 Health & Wellbeing Services with every healthcare policy. Get your free quote today!
This content is subject to our Disclaimer.