To get a free, no-obligation quote today please click the button below, or you can contact us.
0800 980 4601
Skip to the content
You’d think working from home would give you greater flexibility, but there can be increased pressure when it comes to personal responsibilities; children who need your attention, working late and skipping lunch. We’ve got some tips to help you achieve this balance while at home.
Maintaining a healthy balance between work and family is important, not just for your physical and mental health, but for those around you too. Your professional life and personal life are both important and neither one should be neglected. It’s all about finding the perfect balance between the two, that’s a work-life balance.
You can’t pluck this balance out of thin air, you have to first examine the demands of your professional and home life. Once you have done this you’ll be able to manage your time a lot better and prioritise your life.
1. When you work from home, you don't have to factor in the travel time in the mornings. But don’t use this extra time slouching on the couch, instead, get ready for the day the way you normally do and prepare for being productive even though you aren't at your usual desk.
2. Schedule your day accordingly and pencil in your lunch break to help break up the day, go for a walk or watch an episode of your favourite TV show, anything to help relax you ready for the afternoon.
3. If you’re working in your living space, it can feel hard to truly step away from work at the end of the day. Stop working at the time you would usually leave the office, don’t be tempted to log on and check your emails in the evening.
4. Create realistic work goals and tick off everything you complete, this way you’ll know how much more you have to do before you can finish.
5. Don’t multi-task. Schedule in breaks to throw some laundry in the washing machine or hoover around the house. Don’t leave your working space or you’ll get distracted from your task a hand.
6. Sit out in the garden with a drink and take a break from the computer screen.
7. Try to schedule in a bit of exercise, whether its 20 minutes of yoga during your lunch break or pulling up a few weeds in the garden, this way you’ll feel more energetic and productive throughout the day.
24/7 Health & Wellbeing Services
Your health is the most important thing to us here at General & Medical, which is why we offer access to our complimentary 24/7 Health & Wellbeing Services with every healthcare policy. Get your free quote today!
This content is subject to our Disclaimer.
We offer Private Health Insurance that can cover some pre-existing conditions.