Introducing Generation Healthcare - giving parents peace of mind with a range of child-only health insurance plans. Learn more.
Add our cost-effective Multi-Trip Travel Insurance upgrade to your Private Health Insurance cover!
At General & Medical Healthcare, we like to cater for all your needs so we give you the option to add Multi-Trip Travel Insurance to your healthcare policy, for an additional fee per member.
Upgrading your cover can give you and your family peace of mind when travelling or being on holiday abroad. You'll be covered for an unlimited amount of trips within the 12 month period and there are 3 levels of cover to choose from:
- Worldwide (excluding USA and Canada)
- Worldwide (including USA and Canada)
Key Benefits of our Multi-Trip Travel Insurance:
Multi-Trip Travel Policy Summary:
|Benefit||Cover for up to|
|1||Cancellation & Disruption||£6,500|
|Travel Delay (£100 for the first 12 hours)||£250|
|Alteration of Itinerary||£1,500|
|2||Emergency Medical, Repatriation and other associated Expenses||£10,000,000|
|Hospital Inconvenience (£25 per day)||£1,500|
|a. Accidental Death||£25,000|
|b. Loss of one limb or one eye||£15,000|
|c. Loss of two limbs or both eyes or one limb and one eye||£15,000|
|d. Permanent Total Disablement||£15,000|
|4||Baggage and Personal Effects||£2,500|
|Any one item||£350|
|Loss of Passport||£350|
|5||Money Travel Documents and Credit Cards||£1,000|
|7||Hi-jack and Kidnap (£65 per day)||£1,000|
|Winter Sports Equipment||£3,000|
|Equipment Hire (£25 per day)||£300|
|Piste Closure (£25 per day)||£250|
|Avalanche Cover (£30 per day)||£250|
|Optional Upgrade Benefits||Cover for up to|
|Missed Port Departure||£1,500|
|Cruise Ship Evacuation||£15,000|
|Golf Equipment Hire||£500|
|Non Refundable Golfing Fees||£1,000|
Multi-Trip Travel Exclusions & Limitations
- Any person who has reached the age of 80 years at the commencement of the period of insurance.
- The maximum duration of any trip should not exceed 90 days. Total combined trips maximum 180 days in any policy year.
- Pre-existing medical conditions unless accepted by us in writing.
- Travelling against medical advice.
- Participating in professional sport.
- Winter sports cover up to maximum 21 days within the policy year.
- Any person travelling under the age of 18 at the commencement of the trip must be accompanied by an adult.
- Normal pregnancy without any complications.
- The excess amount shown on your Schedule of cover.
It's easy to set up for yourself and your family in conjunction with your healthcare cover, just get your free online quote today for Private Health Insurance and upgrade your cover options to include our Multi-Trip Travel cover.
Or if you'd rather speak to us, then call our friendly sales team on 0800 980 4601.
Geographical Definitions and Exclusions
Europe includes: Republic of Ireland, Canary Islands, Iceland, Madeira and countries bordering the Mediterranean.
Excluded from all covers are the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Central African Republic, Chechnya, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel (Gaza Strip and West Bank only), Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, North Korea, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.