Secure Login Help
How do I register?
To sign up for a General and Medical Member account, you will need to take out one of the General and Medical insurance policies. Your member account will then be automatically created and a ID and password will be sent to you. Your password may be changed to something easier to remember when you first enter you account.
Please Note: Your General and Medical password cannot contain some special characters or spaces.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Choices about Cookies
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
- If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use our members services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all facilities.
General and Medical Practices Regarding Cookies
We use our own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Access your information when you “sign in”, so that we can provide you with customized content, such as the members area.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our services.
- Require you to re-enter your ID and password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
Why is registration information important?
Accurate information is important in case you ever forget your ID or password. We will need to confirm your identity using for example, your postal code that you provided when you took out our insurance.
Once we've confirmed your identity, we'll send your ID to the email address listed on your account. If you need a new password, you can also have this sent to your email account that we hold on record by answering some questions.
If you have entered any of this information incorrectly, we will not be able to remind you of your password.
ID and Password
What if I forgot my password and/or ID?
We can provide you with a new password. Just click on the relevant link on the web page, and provide us with the details requested.
We will then forward a new password to the email address we hold on our records. If you have changed email address, or the email address is invalid, we would ask you to telephone 0800 970 9442 to speak to your Client Relations Co-ordinator or the Broker/Sales Manager to arrange for a new password to be sent.
Similarly, if you have forgotten your reference/registration, or ID/PIN number, please contact us on the above number.
Why doesn't my password work?
There are several reasons you may be getting the “Invalid Password” error message:
- Set your CAPS LOCK key correctly. Passwords are case sensitive, (meaning that “PASSWORD”, “PaSsWoRd”, and “password” are not equivalent), so be sure to keep this in mind when entering your password.
- Wait up to 24 hours. If you recently took out one of our insurance policies, this will allow your account to update.
- Delete your cookie files. A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your browser that helps identify you. If your cookie is not being accepted correctly, you will be logged out of your account as soon as you move to a different page. This may be blocking your current ability to log in or stay logged in.
- To delete your cookies, close all browser windows, find the “cookies” directory, and delete the cookie files inside. As always, make sure that you have selected the proper files before deleting. Further help is available in your browsers help section
- Clear your browser's cache. At times it's necessary to clear your browser's cache. The cache is the memory your browser uses to store content of the web pages that you visit. Storing that content lets your browser load those same pages more quickly the next time you visit them.
If you're still having problems, please read 'How do I change my password?' below.
How do I change my password?
If you would like to change your password, just log in to members area with your current password. Then:
- Click on the “Change Password” link.
- Enter your current password in the first box.
- Enter your new password (as you would like it to be) in the second box.
- Confirm your new password in the third box.
- Click the “submit” button.
Please Note: To better protect your account, make sure that your password is memorable for you but difficult for others to guess. For security purposes, your new password must be a minimum of six characters long. A good password contains a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters (remember that your password is case sensitive), numbers, and special characters such as +, ?, and *.
Users and Locations
How do I close my account?
Your General and Medical account is active all the time that you hold an insurance policy with us. If you cancel your insurance policy or your policy expires then your General and Medical account will automatically be deactivated and after a certain period deleted from our servers.
You can not personally delete you account whilst you have one of our policies.
How can I view my information from a different computer?
To view your information from a different location or a different computer, log in with the same General and Medical ID and password that were supplied to you. You don't need to re-register.
Be aware that when you log in a cookie is set on your computer. Once the cookie is set, you don't need to log in again.
If you do not want a cookie stored on this computer, just click “Sign Out” at the end of your session to clear the login cookie from the computer's hard drive.
Privacy and Security
How does General and Medical protect my privacy?
General and Medical takes your privacy seriously.
Information Collection and Use
General and Medical collects personal information when you register with General and Medical, when you use General and Medical products or services, when you visit General and Medical's internet pages or the pages of certain General and Medical partners. General and Medical may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies. Once you sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. General and Medical may collect information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of our website. General and Medical automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, General and Medical cookie information, and the page you request. General and Medical uses information for the following general purposes: to customise the advertising and content you see if any, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal clients.
General and Medical does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with General and Medical under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help General and Medical communicate with you about offers from General and Medical and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
General and Medical does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
You can edit your General and Medical Account Information, at any time.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the General and Medical service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and a General and Medical Newsletter, that are considered part of your General and Medical account, whilst offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Your General and Medical Account Information is password-protected.
In certain areas General and Medical uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
How can I keep my account secure?
To further safeguard the privacy and security of your General and Medical account, please refer to the following guidelines:
- Choose your password wisely. Choose a password that you will remember but that cannot be easily guessed, even by those who know you. Passwords are case sensitive and can include numbers and special characters in any combination. You can use these combinations to make your password more difficult for others to guess (example: bullfrogs becomes Bu!!frog$). Do not share your password with anyone.
- Change your password when necessary. If at any time you become concerned about the security of your password, you can always change it online. For more information on how to change your password, please read 'How do I change my password?' above.
- Always sign out completely. If you use a public or shared computer, it's important that you always sign out completely at the end of each General and Medical session by clicking the “Sign Out” link. Make sure to clear the browser's cache and then re-start the browser at the end of each session. Doing this will remove the possibility that another person could use the same computer to view any of the contents of your account.
- Clear your browser's cache. Your browser's cache contains copies of the web pages you have recently visited and stores these files on your hard drive. To learn how to clear your browser's cache, please read How do I clear my browser's cache?
Please Note: Your General and Medical ID and password are your own confidential information. No General and Medical employee will ever ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email message. Do not share your password if you are ever asked for it.